English with Cultural excursions
English with Cultural excursions – Southend
The ‘English with Cultural Excursions’ is a general English course for closed school groups, offered from September – June.
The courses concentrate on communicating in English, with the emphasis on speaking and listening in fun, stimulating and motivating classes. This course is an innovative and very successful way of learning and offers all students an exceptional experience in a lively, vibrant British seaside town within easy reach of London.
- Age range: 13-17 year olds
- Course length: Minimum 1 week for closed group’s min of 20. We provide a free leader place for every 15 students.
- Dates: September to June.
- Location: Essex University – Southend on Sea Campus
- 15 hours of English lessons
- Course content utilises the CLEAR syllabus (see below)
- Qualified and enthusiastic DBS checked teachers.
- Entertaining and stimulating afternoon excursions activities, local visits, social activities and sight seeing
- Full day excursions on Saturday and Sunday.
- Induction session and student pack
- 24 hour emergency number
- Full board and Accommodation
- Includes study materials & Graduation with course certificate
- Return Airport Transfers. Fees available on request.
Location & Facilities
The course is based in the newly constructed Southend campus of the University of Exeter. Centrally located the Southend campus offers a great deal to experience with over 300 places to eat, award winning nightlife and sporting activities.
The campus delivers exceptional facilities for visiting students including an innovative lecture theatre, modern lecture rooms, studios, teaching rooms and unique, creative spaces, including our i-Lab and executive board room.
Most of the spaces also offer panoramic sea views which provide a stimulating environment for students as well as providing an insight into University life.
Accommodation and social spaces
Located just off the High Street, and only minutes from the campus buildings and facilities, the bright and modern accommodation at University Square is a great setting for students who get to experience a ‘taster’ of University life.
The 561 room development offers high-quality accommodation for students, with single en-suite bedrooms arranged in 6-10 flats per floor. The rooms are provided with full bedding, linen and a hand and bath towel.
Communal areas are cleaned daily and bed linen and towels are changed once a week. Each flat has a communal kitchen, which is fully equipped with self-catering facilities and acts as a communal area for the flat. Our accommodation is always allocated to provide your group with exclusive use of the areas you are given for your piece of mind.
All our students have access to social spaces and activity areas, plus we provide a stimulating social programme including talent shows, quiz nights, arts and crafts & film nights.