Performing Arts Course
A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY TO STUDY PERFORMANCE IN A SUPPORTIVE AND CREATIVE ENVIRONMENT, AND PERFORM IT ALL ON STAGE AT THE END
NEW! Manor Courses offers 7 and 14 day immersive courses in the performing arts, created for aspiring performers of all abilities (aged 8-17 years old).
Supported by an experienced team of trained teachers with backgrounds in the performing arts, this fun and exciting course will develop your skills and expertise. With a jam-packed timetable, you will work with professionals exploring dance, acting and singing and whatever your interest our courses will broaden and develop your skills and interests and help you gain the confidence to push the boundaries of what you can do.
- Begins with guided discovery
- Progresses to skills development sessions
- Involves students in preparation
- Ends with students expressing themselves in a final performance
Students take part in all stages and take records of the process home.
This unique training encourages students to broaden and develop in a wide range of different ways. Personal objectives include:
- BUILD confidence
- INSPIRE spontaneity
- STIMULATE imagination
- DEVELOP stage technique
- DEMONSTRATE self-discipline
- ENHANCE critical thinking skills
- ENCOURAGE natural self-expression
- IMPROVE language and speech skills
- INCREASE general performance potential
- REINFORCE social and team working skills
- ESTABLISH SOMETHING achievable to aim for
- IMMERSE in world renowned high-brow and pop culture
- IMPROVE language and speech skills
- ENJOY the chance for your talent to be witnessed and celebrated!
- When: Between July 4 and August 8 2019
- Location: Manor Courses International Summer School – Hurst College- West Sussex
- Course Length: 7 days or 14 days
- For: Students with an interest in the performing arts aged between 8 & 17 years old
- Course Fees: Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest fees. Fees can be discounted for larger groups and / or longer courses, plus 1 free leader place for every 15 students.
- Content: 38 hours of programme activities. Fully immersive programme with an emphasis on discovery, skills development and expression
- Instructors: Qualified and enthusiastic residential teachers and leaders. All staff are poloice checked in UK or abroad..
- Groups Only: Minimum requirement of 8 or more students to run this course.
- Facilities: Including a fully equipped dance studio and 250 seat theatre equipped with a professional lighting and sound system for performances and lessons.
- Visits: Regular excursions are included with entrance to relevant attractions, eg. museums, theatres etc.
- Certification: Study materials and graduation ceremony with course certificate and report.
NB – The Performing Arts Course is different to our standard Residential English Language Course (which is a General English Course and is accredited by the British Council).
Course sessions overview
Sample Weekly Timetable
Information for Agents - Course enrolments and fees
There is a minimum requirement to run this course. MC run this course for groups of 8 or more students.
Ages and English levels
We accept students from 8-17 years old.
There is no minimum requirement for English abilities.
We will instruct beginners to advanced level English speakers.
Our fees are higher than our Residential English Language Course because of the dedicated team that stay with the group throughout the entire day. Students’ participation and performance and progress is monitored at every part (unlike during our English Course, where progress is monitored and reports given only for the 18 hours per week of lessons). This Performing Arts Course therefore demands more staffing. Fees also account for the fact a range of staff are supplied because the levels of each students may be different and thus require different degrees of personal attention.
Included in the fees
- The same Welfare services as our standard Residential English Language Course (ie. full board, meals, snacks, laundry).
- The same Excursion services (2 trips per week, entrances included to 1 attraction per Excursion and form the visit part of our Performing Arts Syllabus).
- All Materials, plus any items produced by students.
- Certificate and Report (written by the English teacher).